Celebrate Valentine's with Amoretti! Four easy recipes that can be done under 3 hours and have Valentine's Dinner ready for you and your significant other!
APPETIZER: Pull Apart Skillet Garlic Dinner Rolls
MAIN: Chimichurri Skillet Skirt Steak
SIDE: Strawberry Balsamic Salad
DESSERT: Pink Berry Soufflé
PULL APART SKILLET GARLIC DINNER ROLLS:
- Mix together water and milk together and heat it o bring it to a temperature of 107-110 F.
- Toss in the 1 Tsp. sugar into the Lukewarm milk and water. Give it a mix and drop in the Yeast. Mix and set aside for 5-10 minutes for the yeast to bloom.
- In a bowl, combine the all purpose flour, Garlic Extract, 1 Tbsp. sugar, half an egg, salt and the yeast-milk mix. Bring everything together until well combined. Knead the mix and add in the olive oil.
- Bring the dough ball to the counter, knead and roll until the dough is smooth, tacky and bounces back to touch.
- Place it in an oil greased bowl, cover with plastic wrap or kitchen towel and let rise for one to one and a half hours.
- Punch down the risen dough and divide into eight equal balls.
- Place them in a greased 6 inch skillet or baking pan and proof again for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Brush the dough balls with some egg wash or milk and bake for 15 minutes or until the top is golden.
- Take out from the oven and immediately brush with the butter herb mix and serve warm.
STOVE TOP STEAK WITH CHIMMICHURRI:
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 Tsp Salt
- 1 Tsp. crushed red chilies
- 1 Tsp. finely chopped red chilies of choice (Habanero optional)
- 1/2 Tbsp. Red Wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped cilantro
- 1/2 Tsp. Oregano Flakes
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup Amoretti® Organic Extra Virgin Finishing Olive Oil
- Prepare the Chimichurri first or ahead of time if you want to.
- Using a mortar and pestle, pound the garlic and salt until it comes to a paste.
- Take a small bowl, add the garlic paste and all the other ingredients into it and mix together well.
- For the steak, use a thin cut that can be made in a stove-top skillet.
- Dry the meat by dabbing it with a paper towel to get all the moisture out. Brush olive oil on all sides. Season with pepper and salt and make sure that it is evenly distributed.
- Heat the skillet on medium high flame until it is piping hot. Add in butter, sear the fat on the steak if any.
- Cook the steak, each side 3-4 minutes and the internal temperature reaches 135 F for a medium rare doneness.
- Rest for 10 minutes and cut against the grain.
- Smear on the chimmichurri sauce on top when serving or serve the sauce on the side. Enjoy!
STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC SALAD:
- Toss together the chopped ingredients, add the pepper and salt. Finish off the Olive oil or Vinaigrette and toss together when ready to serve.
- Preheat the oven to 375 F.
- Coat two 1 cup sized ramekins with batter and dust with granulated white sugar.
- In a saucepan, heat the butter and flour on low heat until it comes together in a paste.
- Drizzle in the slightly hot milk into the mix as you keep continuously whisking the corn starch paste. Keep whisking the mix on a low flame until it thickens.
- Switch off the flame and add the two egg yolks into the milk mix and whisk to combine.
- Add the Amoretti® Wild Strawberry Compound and Vanilla Extract into the milk mix and combine well. Keep aside to cool.
- In a bowl, beat the egg whites with a hand mixer until foamy. Drizzle in the granulated sugar and keep beating until a stiff-peaked meringue is achieved.
- Gently fold the milk mix into the meringue without beating out a lot of air.
- Transfer the contents into the prepped ramekins and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Serve immediately. Warm and fresh with a side of fresh sliced strawberries.
PRO TIP : You can make the recipe till the part where you whip the meringue ahead of time and finally when you want the dessert ready, you can whip the meringue, fold it into the milk mix and bake off and serve immediately.