Make your sweetheart some delicious chocolate brownies!
- 2 sticks + 1 tbsp (room temperature) butter
- 1 cup dark chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs (room temperature)
- 1⅔ cups sugar
- ½ cup all purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1½ cup Amoretti® Grand Orange Ganache
- Spray a ¼ size sheet pan and cover bottom with parchment paper.
- Melt chocolate and butter over a double boiler.
- Whip eggs and sugar until light and fluffy ("ribbon" stage).
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together, set aside.
- Fold chocolate and butter mix into the whipped eggs and sugar.
- In three segments, fold in sifted flour and cocoa powder.
- Pour batter into the sheet pan and smooth evenly.
- Bake in a 325°F oven for 45-50 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean. They will continue to cook while cooling on rack.
- Cool at room temperature for 30 minutes, then place in the refrigerator for an hour.
- Once cooled, turn brownies out of the pan and cut shapes using a heart-shaped cookie cutter. Place hearts on a cooling rack set over a sheet pan.
- Melt Grand Orange Ganache and pour over the brownies, nudging slightly with a knife or spatula to avoid "feet" and to make sure the brownies have clean edges as they rest.
- Melt white chocolate and pour into a paper cornet (coned-cup), cut tip, and drizzle design or stripes over brownies.