A rich and delicious autumn-inspired pasta dish!
- 1 lb. fettuccine pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp garlic paste
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 15 oz pumpkin purée
- 2 handfuls fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Extract
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Compound
- 4 oz (¼ cup) goat cheese, broken up into small chunks
- ½ cup Parmesan, grated
- 2 oz (¼ cup) Havarti cheese
- ½ cup four cheese blend, shredded (Provolone, Asiago, Romano, Parmesan)
- salt, to taste
- white pepper, to taste
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 10-12 fresh sage leaves
- Cook pasta according to directions, about 12 minutes. Strain, transfer to a bowl, lightly toss with olive oil and cover.
- In the same pot used for cooking pasta, melt 2 tablespoons butter and add the garlic paste.
- Cook on medium heat, stirring for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin purée, cream, and all cheeses. Cook on medium heat, stirring, until the cheese is melted. Add salt, pepper, Amoretti Pumpkin Spice Extract, Pumpkin Spice Compound and roughly chopped fresh sage. Stir, cover and set aside.
- Heat the oil to about 350°F and fry the sage leaves quickly over medium-high heat. Drop the fresh leaves (no stems), a few at a time, into the oil and remove within 15-20 seconds, placing them on paper towels to drain.
- Add the cooked pasta to the Alfredo sauce and stir to combine.
- Add some of the fried leaves to the Alfredo sauce and stir. Keep some aside for garnish, or add them all!