Oozing with caramel, this pumpkin torte is great for the holidays to share with your family and friends!
- 1 box yellow cake mix
- 1 - 15 oz can pumpkin purée, divided
- ½ cup milk
- 4 eggs
- ⅓ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Pumpkin Spice Syrup
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Spray and line two 9” cake pans.
- Combine cake mix, 1 cup pumpkin purée, milk, eggs, coconut oil and Pumpkin Spice Syrup.
- Beat on low until combined.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool cakes completely, then wrap and chill overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- Pour water into saucepan then add the sugar into the center of the pot, trying not to splash on the sides.
- On medium heat bring to a boil and cook until mixture is amber in color.
- Add cream and whisk. It will bubble up so be careful, you may want to wear an oven mitt.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and salt.
- Remove from heat and mix thoroughly. Strain and set aside.
- Once caramel has cooled to 62°C (143°F) add butter and whisk until completely combined.
- Let caramel cool before pouring onto Pumpkin Torte. There will be lots left over, it will keep in the refrigerator for 10 days.
- Whip cream to soft peaks, set aside.
- Beat cream cheese, Pumpkin Spice Extract, remaining pumpkin purée and powdered sugar together until smoooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream.
- Cut chilled cakes in half, giving you 4 layers.
- Place one large scoop of filling onto bottom layer and smooth to edges.
- Add second cake layer and more filling. Repeat with remaining layers.
- Add a final layer of filling on top.
- Sprinkle with toasted pecan pieces and drizzle cooled caramel sauce over top.
- To toast pecans: bake in a 350°F oven for 8 minutes, let cool before using.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved