Made with just a handful of delicious ingredients, Pear Melba with Roman Raspberry Sorbetto makes an elegant finish to any meal! Serves 4.
- Peel, halve, and core pears.
- Rub with lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
- In a saucepan, stir sugar, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and water over low heat until sugar dissolves.
- Add pears and poach for 8-10 minutes, until tender but still firm.
- Remover pears from poaching liquid. Place two pear halves, cut side down, in each of 4 serving dishes and allow to cool.
- Put ½ cup poaching liquid with half the raspberries into a blender and purée until smooth.
- Pour purée into a bowl through a strainer, fold remaining berries into the strained purée, and chill.
- Add a scoop of the raspberry sorbetto to each serving of pears.
- Drizzle pears and sorbetto with raspberry sauce and garnish with mint.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved