Meringue and yogurt pair up in this delicious and light dessert that is so simple to make!
FILLING & TOPPING
- Preheat oven to 200°F
- Whip egg whites and cream of tartar on medium speed until frothy.
- Rain in sugar very slowly and add salt.
- Continue whipping for about 15 minutes, until whites are stiff and smooth.
- Add lemon juice and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, mixing to incorporate.
- Remove bowl from mixer and sift cornstarch over bowl. Fold in with a rubber spatula.
- Scoop or pipe a circle of meringue onto parchment- or silpat-lined sheet pan or cookie sheet. If piping, begin in center and work out, making the outside higher than the center. If using a spoon or spatula, spread mixture by working from center to outside edges, building up outside edges to create a “bowl” in which to place the yogurt and blueberries.
- Bake for 1½ – 2 hours. Do not open oven. If they begin to brown, reduce oven temperature 10 degrees and continue baking without opening oven.
- Turn off oven and let pavlovas sit for 40-60 minutes without opening oven door.
- Remove from oven and let cool on rack for at least 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place frozen blueberries, 2 tbsp sugar and Blueberry Swirl in a bowl and stir. Refrigerate to let blueberries defrost and macerate while meringues cook.
- Combine the remaining ¼ cup sugar and the greek yogurt, mix well. Cover and keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
- Spoon sweetened yogurt in center of each pavlova and top with chilled blueberries.
- Sprinkle a few strawberries over each pavlova and serve immediately.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved