It's 'pie and cookie' season and let's make a classic Oatmeal Raisin Chocolate Chip Cookie with the Amoretti® touch from our Natural Crema Di Caramel Artisan and Natural Vanilla Bean Artisan.
- In a small bowl, mix together the flour, corn starch, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer or using a regular bowl and hand mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until light, creamy and fluffy.
- Crack in the egg and blend it right in.
- Add the Vanilla Bean Artisan and the Crema Di Caramel Artisan into the bowl and mix to combine.
- Drop the flour mix kept aside into the butter-egg mix and slowly fold it in without beating it vigorously.
- Fold in the rolled oats, chocolate chips and raisins.
- Chill the dough in the fridge for at least an hour or more.
- Use a cookie scoop to portion out the dough into balls and place it on a baking sheet/tray lined with parchment paper or silicon mat.
- Bake at 350 F or 180 C for 10-15 minutes depending on the size of your cookie. (It is done when the ends look golden brown and slightly toasted, while the center is just done. It will keep baking outside the oven. Don't move the cookies from the tray before it cools down.)
- Have the cookies with a glass of milk. Enjoy!
- NOTE: The cookie dough can be rolled into balls and can be frozen in air-tight plastic bags or containers for 2-3 months and can be placed on the baking tray and baked at the same temperature whenever you crave a fresh, warm cookie. The baked cookies will also keep well for 4-5 days at room temperature and up to 2 weeks in the refrigerator.