Heat up the oven and make our Oatmeal Cookies for a special treat this weekend!
- 1¼ cup (2½ sticks) butter, room temperature
- 2 cups firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup sugar
- 2 eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp Amoretti® Vanilla Madagascar Bourbon W.S. 2X
- 2 tbsp + 1 tsp Amoretti® Natural Oatmeal Cookie Artisan Flavor
- 1¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3½ cup oats
- 1 cup golden raisins, optional
- Preheat oven to 375°F oven.
- Cream the butter and sugars on low or medium speed. Do not whip.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly and scraping the bowl.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Oatmeal Cookie Artisan. Mix well.
- Add flour, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon. Mix until only a few streaks of flour remain.
- Add oats and raisins, if using, and mix just until combined, scraping the bowl.
- Using a medium-sized spring loaded ice cream scoop, place cookie dough onto a parchment-lined sheet pan.
- Chill for a few minutes before baking 12-14 minutes, rotating the sheet pan for even baking.
- If making ice cream sandwiches using cookie cutters, adding raisins will make cutting more difficult.
- Once cooled, the cookies can be cut into shapes for making ice cream sandwiches.