Enjoy this refreshing ice cream packed with chocolate and fresh minty flavor!
- 2 cups cream
- 1 cup milk
- ¾ cup sugar
- 6 yoks
- 1 tbsp + 1 tsp Amoretti® Mint Chocolate Chip Extract O.S
- 1 ¾ - 2 cups mini chocolate chips
- ice cream maker
- In a saucepan heat cream, milk and ½ cup sugar to a simmer.
- Mix egg yolks and ¼ cup sugar together in a separate bowl.
- Remove cream/milk mixture from heat and temper in the eggs.
- Return saucepan to the stove and, over medium heat, cook to 178°F (82°C), stirring constantly with a spatula.
- Strain and chill at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Once chilled, add Mint Chocolate Chip Extract and burr mix or whisk to thoroughly combine.
- Pour into ice cream machine and mix per directions.
- Fold in chocolate chips once ice cream has reached soft-serve consistency and freeze.
- NOTE For a lighter ice cream, two whole eggs can be substituted for the 6 yolks.