Perfectly easy to make, customize and eat! Whet's not to love about this homemade marshmallow recipe? Customize them with any of our Artisan or Extract Flavorings.
- Prepare a 9 x 9-inch pan or sheet pan with lightly oiled plastic wrap. (if you want thinker marshmallows use a 9 x 9 pan for thinner use a sheet pan)
- In the bowl of an electric stand mixer, sprinkle gelatin over 1/2 cup water. Let soak while preparing the next step.
- Combine ¼ cup water, sugar, and corn syrup in a saucepan over medium heat. Whisk until sugar is dissolved.
- Once sugar is dissolved bring to a roaring boil for 1 minute without stirring.
- Remove from heat and carefully pour sugar mixture into the gelatin mixture.
- Attach the whisk to the mixer and mix starting on low.
- Add salt and increase speed to high gradually.
- After about 10 minutes when the mixture has cooled add in your Artisan or Extract flavor of choice.
- Mix until incorporated scraping the sides of the bowl if needed.
- Grease a rubber scraper and hands with oil
- Transfer marshmallows to your prepared pan and press in evenly.
- Sprinkle the top with powder sugar and smooth over the marshmallows.
- Let set overnight.
- Dust a cutting board with powdered sugar and carefully remove marshmallows from pan.
- Oil a large knife or pizza cutter and slice into your preferred size marshmallows.
- Toss in a bowl with a bit more powdered sugar.
- Enjoy alone, on smores, hot chocolate and more!