Make Halloween extra festive with these gorgeous treats. It's a fun recipe to make with the whole family!
- Cream together butter, sugar and salt.
- Add the egg, vanilla and milk.
- Sift dry ingredients and add them, combining to form a dough.
- Divide the dough in half and, while wearing gloves, add the Orange Food Color and Natural Pumpkin Spice Extract to one half of the dough. Work these into the dough by hand.
- Wrap both halves in plastic and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Roll out and cut cookies with desired cutters.
- Brush with milk and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- If you are not painting the cookies, you can sprinkle with raw or Turbinado sugar after brushing with milk prior to baking.
- If painting designs with chocolate, it is best to temper the chocolate prior to decorating, as this will ensure a nice shine and better appearance.