Make some homemade graham crackers for you next camping trip or just to have as a snack at home!
- Cream butter, sugars and honey.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Stir in graham cracker crumbs.
- Add to butter and mix until almost combined.
- Add Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and half and half. Beat until smooth.
- Wrap dough in plastic and chill for at least one hour.
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- Let dough sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes before rolling out between two pieces of parchment paper (or two silpats) to about ⅛” thickness. The parchment will keep the dough together as it breaks up easily. If using parchment paper, continue to lift and replace the paper as you roll, to smooth out wrinkles and folds in the paper.
- With a bench scraper or ruler, push edges in to keep dough in a rectangle, the same shape as the sheet pan you are using.
- Once it is the right size, lift off the top piece of parchment and move the dough, still on the bottom layer of parchment, to the sheet pan.
- Using a fork, make indentations every inch or so down the length of the dough. No need to be too precise, just make the design as you like. This will keep the graham crackers from puffing too much.
- Chill the formed and docked dough for about 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle dough lightly with cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, turning half way through baking.
- Once removed from the oven and resting on a cooling rack, carefully cut to desired shapes trimming any edges that may be darker than the center. Do not remove any shapes yet.
- Let dough rest and it will crisp up as it cools.
- Fully cooled graham crackers will keep 3-5 days in an airtight container.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved