Loaded with pecans and coconut, this cake is classic for a reason.
CAPPUCCINO-TIRAMISU WHIPPED CREAM
- Grease and line two 8" or 9" cake pans.
- Bake cake according to manufacturer’s instructions with the addition of Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and Cappuccino-Tiramisu Extract.
- Let cool completely.
- Set aside 8-10 toasted pecan halves, chop the rest.
- Place shredded coconut and chopped pecans in a medium bowl, set aside.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, cook butter, brown sugar, corn syrup, egg yolks, salt and milk for 6-8 minutes, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and stir in Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, Coconut Cream Extract and Blue Agave Nectar.
- Pour over coconut and pecans, stirring to combine. Chill overnight or for at least 2 hours.
- If necessary, level the tops of the cakes by slicing off the domed top.
- Place one cake round on a cake board and moisten with soaking syrup. Spread half the filling over the top.
- Place remaining cake round onto the filling, moisten with syrup, and spread filling over the top.
- Whip heavy cream, sugar and Cappuccino-Tiramisu Extract until stiff peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream along the top edge.
- Place reserved pecans on the top and around the edges for decoration.
- Chill for one hour before serving.
- To toast pecans, bake 5-6 minutes in a 350°F oven stirring halfway thru.
- Filling can be made ahead, keep refrigerated until ready to use.
- To make simple syrup, heat equal amounts of water and sugar until sugar dissolves. Let cool.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved