You know summer has arrived when you have a glass of our refreshing Cucumber Sangria!
- 1 small honeydew melon
- 1 seedless cucumber
- 1 lime
- 12 fresh mint leaves
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Lime Syrup
- ¼ cup Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Clear
- 1 - 750mL bottle semi-dry white wine (like Sauvignon Blanc), chilled
- 1 cup melon schnapps
- 1 liter carbonated water, chilled
- fresh mint sprigs, for garnish
- ice, for serving
- Cut the melon in half, remove and discard the seeds. Thickly slice the melon, remove the rind, and cut the melon into chunks.
- Peel the cucumber, if desired, and thinly slice.
- Peel and thinly slice the lime.
- In a large pitcher combine melon, cucumber, lime slices, and the 12 mint leaves.
- Pour Lime Syrup and Blue Agave Nectar into the pitcher.
- Add the wine and melon schnapps. Stir gently.
- Cover and chill for at least 2 hours. Do not add ice to the pitcher yet, it will just water it down the sangria as it melts.
- To serve, put ice in a glass, fill the glasses about three quarters full with sangria, add some of the fruit from the pitcher, top off the glass with carbonated water, and garnish with a fresh mint sprig.