A super delicious and savory cheese ball recipe that is a great appetizer when you have company over!
- ⅓ cup butter, room temperature
- ¼ cup gorgonzola cheese, room temperature
- ¼ cup goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 – 8 oz. package cream cheese, room temperature
- 4-5 dates, diced
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- 1 scallion, finely diced
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar Light
- 5 tbsp sugar
- 2-3 tbsp water
- pinch salt
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- ½ cup candied pecan pieces
- 2 tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- In a mixer combine the butter, cheeses, dates, cranberries, scallion and salt.
- Add Blue Agave Nectar Light and mix.
- Place onto a piece of parchment, wrap loosely and chill for 30 minutes.
- Using parchment, shape into a ball and then put aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Bring sugar, water and salt to a boil, pour in nuts and stir to coat.
- Using a slotted spoon to drain liquid, spread nuts on a silpat-lined sheet pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes.
- Stir nuts to separate while they cool or spread them onto a cool surface, such as granite or marble, separating them as they cool, so they don’t stick together in a mass.
- On a clean surface, spread out the candied pecan pieces and chopped herbs. Roll the cheese ball around until covered in herbs and pecans.
- Chill until ready to serve.