Need a muffin recipe for a barbecue or picnic? This corn muffin recipe is a delicious addition to any outdoor (or indoor) gathering!
- 1½ cups unbleached flour
- 1½ tsp aluminum-free baking powder
- ¾ tsp baking soda
- ¾ tsp salt
- ⅛ cup minimally refined sugar
- 1 tsp fresh rosemary, finely minced
- ⅔ can whole kernel corn (rinsed and well-drained)
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- ¼ cup sunflower oil (use sunflower oil ONLY)
- 1½ tsp Amoretti® Cardamom Oil Extract O.S.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine all DRY ingredients (flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, sugar, rosemary) in a large bowl and whisk vigorously with a medium wire whisk for one minute.
- Add drained corn to dry ingredients and mix carefully with a wooden spoon to avoid mashing the corn.
- In a separate medium-sized to large bowl, combine all WET ingredients (eggs, yogurt, oil, Cardamom Extract) and whisk with a medium wire whisk for one to two minutes.
- Combine wet and dry ingredients and mix thoroughly with a wooden spoon. DO NOT over-stir. Mixture should be well-mixed and sticky, not runny.
- Spray muffin pans with an olive oil spray, making sure the cups are thoroughly coated.
- Fill muffin cups two-thirds to three-quarters full.
- Bake muffins for 25 minutes. IMPORTANT: DO NOT OPEN OVEN DOOR WHILE MUFFINS ARE BAKING!!
- After 25 minutes, test muffins for doneness with a thin wooden skewer. The skewer should come out clean when removed from muffin.
- Remove muffins from oven, leaving them in muffin pans, and move to cooling rack(s). Cover with a towel and cool for about ten minutes.
- Remove muffins from muffin pans and either serve immediately or, for longer storage in refrigerator, place on cooling rack(s), cover with towel and allow to cool completely. Place in a covered container and refrigerate.