Soft pistachio cake drenched in a decedent white white chocolate shell. Who could resist?
- 1 white box cake
- About 1 cup white chocolate ganache
- 2 oz. Amoretti® Pistachio Compound
- 1.3 g. Amoretti® Natural Green Food Color
- Crushed pistachios
- Green and white candy melts
- Triangle silicone molds, like THESE
- Preheat oven to temperature indicated on box cake mix.
- Follow directions on box to mix batter.
- Mix Pistachio Compound into cake batter.
- Bake according to instructions on box.
- Allow baked cake to cool.
- In a large bowl break cake into crumbs, set aside.
- Combine ganache and food color
- Pour colored ganache into cake crumbs and combine. (Just like cake pops)
- Melt green candy melts, microwave in 30 second increments.
- Coat silicone mold with green chocolate ensuring the mold cavity is evenly coated. (Just like coco bombs)
- Allow chocolate to re-solidify. You can speed this process up by placing mold in refrigerator.
- Lightly pack pistachio cake into the cavity of the chocolate casing.
- Seal the chocolate casing by adding more of the green melts to compacted cake.
- Once chocolate has solidified, remove from silicone mold.
- Drizzle with melted white chocolate melts over the top.
- Sprinkle with crusted pistachio.