Our Blueberry Swirl makes these muffins extra delicious and bursting with blueberry flavor!
- 1 stick butter, cold and cubed
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- Combine all dry ingredients, then cut in butter until pea-sized. Chill for two hours before using.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Whisk milk and mascarpone until smooth, set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar in mixer until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla, and Lemon Zest Oil Extract.
- Whisk together cake flour, baking powder, and semolina. Add to the batter.
- Fold in 1 tablespoon of the Blueberry Swirl, just a few turns.
- Fold in the milk/mascarpone mixture, mixing two or three turns.
- Fold in the remaining tablespoon of Blueberry Swirl, one or two turns.
- Gently fold in the frozen blueberries. Again, just a couple of turns. Do not over mix once the berries have been added or the batter will turn blue. The idea is to have a slight swirl of blueberry flavor and whole blueberries in a white batter.
- Using an ice cream scoop, put the batter into the sprayed muffin tin and top with chilled streusel.
- Bake 15-20 minutes until golden.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved