Chill out with fun frozen mousse pops! Makes 8-10 pops.
- 1 tbsp powdered gelatin
- 5 tbsp water, divided
- 8 egg yolks
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp sugar
- 9 oz white chocolate, chopped
- 2 cups whipped cream (about 1 cup heavy cream, whipped to medium peak)
- Amoretti® Blue Raspberry Compound
- 1 box white cake mix, prepared according to package instructions, baked in a half sheet pan and cooled completely
- assorted sprinkles
- push pop containers
- 3 piping bags
- Bloom the gelatin in 3 tbsp water and set aside.
- Whip the egg yolks in a mixer to ribbon stage - they will be thicker and lightened in color.
- In a small saucepan, pour in remaining 2 tbsp water then add the sugar.
- Brush down the sides of the saucepan with a brush and water.
- Heat the sugar and water to 248℉.
- While the mixer is running on medium, pour the hot sugar/water mixture into the egg yolks, pouring between the bowl and the whisk.
- Continue whisking the yolks for about 3 minutes until they are cool.
- Melt the bloomed gelatin in the microwave, being careful not to boil it, about 20 seconds.
- Melt the white chocolate.
- Pour the melted chocolate into the egg yolks and stir to combine.
- Add the melted gelatin and stir to combine.
- Fold in the whipped cream and divide the mixture evenly into three bowls.
- Add 2 drops Blue Raspberry Compound to one bowl and fold until no streaks remain.
- Add ¼ tsp Blue Raspberry Compound to the second bowl and fold until no streaks remain.
- Add ½ tsp Blue Raspberry Compound to the third bowl and fold until no streaks remain.
- Cut the cake with a round cookie cutter that is the same size as the push pops.
- Place a cake round into the bottom of the push pop.
- Pipe a layer of the lightest colored mousse onto the cake and freeze for 10 minutes.
- Pipe the medium colored mouse onto the first layer and freeze again for 10 minutes.
- Pipe the brightest colored mousse onto the second layer and freeze 10 minutes or until ready to eat.
- Top with sprinkles of choice.
- We found our push pop containers on Amazon.
© 2019 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved