When you have family over why not make these delicious Biscochitos? They're great with a cup of coffee or tea! Traditionally cut in fleur-de-lis shapes, we've used a round cookie cutter here. Makes 6 dozen 2" cookies.
CINNAMON SUGAR TOPPING
- ¼ cup white sugar
- 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt into a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the lard and sugar until smooth.
- Add Anise Oil Extract and beat until fluffy.
- Stir in the eggs one at a time.
- Scrape the bowl and add the sifted ingredients and brandy. Stir until well blended.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough out to ½" to ¼" thickness. Cut into desired shapes using cookie cutters.
- Place cookies onto parchment-lined baking sheets.
- Mix together the sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle over the tops of the cookies.
- Bake for 10 minutes until the bottoms are lightly browned.