We think these deserve a gold medal for flavor! Whoever you're rooting for, everyone wins with these pop-able stuffed peppers!
- Heat oil in a large pan. Sauté onions until fragrant and translucent.
- Add turkey and break it up as it cooks.
- Once cooked through, add tomatoes, Paprika and Garlic Extracts, cumin, and parsley. Cook, stirring occasionally, until almost all of the liquid has evaporated.
- Remove from heat. Stir in sour cream. (If making ahead, filling can be refrigerated at this point.)
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Once filling is cool enough to handle, fill pepper halves and top with cheese.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- If filling has been refrigerated, fill peppers but do not top with cheese. Bake for 10 minutes, then top with cheese and put back in oven until cheese melts, about 5 minutes.