Take your cheesecake game to the next level with this ultra-creamy number topped with warm caramelized apples!
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and sliced
- 1½ tsp butter
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- pinch nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine all ingredients for the crust and press into a 9″ springform pan or a baking dish. Ensure that this pan or dish will fit into a larger dish or sheet pan, to hold the water during baking.
- Bake the crust for 10 minutes until golden.
- Set aside to cool. Turn oven down to 250°F.
- Beat the cream cheese for a few minutes, scraping the bowl, until smooth.
- Add the sugar and beat again, scraping the bowl, for about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and yolk one at a time, scraping the bowl in between each addition.
- Add the cream, Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla and nutmeg and mix again, scraping bowl, until the mixture is smooth.
- Wrap springform pan with foil, to ensure no water will leak into the crust during baking.
- Pour half the filling into the cooled crust and swirl with half the Crema di Caramel™ Syrup. Add the remaining filling and top with remaining Syrup, swirl again.
- Place the cheesecake onto a sheet pan or large roasting pan and fill about ¼ of the way up with hot water.
- Bake the cheesecake in a 250°F oven for about an hour.
- Do not over bake the cake, or it will crack. It should be firm when moved. If it is beginning to puff up, it is done.
- Let it cool completely and then chill for at least 4 hours, overnight is best. Once cooled, the cheesecake can be frozen and then wrapped and returned to the freezer.
- Sauté the apples with butter and spices for 5-8 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let apples sit in pan to rest.
- Cut cheesecake and place a piece of caramelized apple onto each slice, or dice and place a spoonful of diced apples on each slice.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved