Serve these delicate twists with your afternoon coffee or tea. Or try them with ice cream for a special dinner party dessert!
- 1 sheet puff pastry
- ½ cup Amoretti® Premium Blanched Almond Paste
- 3 tbsp sugar, plus more for rolling out
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Pull puff pastry from the freezer and lay on a sheet of parchment paper to defrost.
- Once completely defrosted, roll out to a 12” square on a lightly sugared surface.
- Pulse the Almond Paste to form fine crumbs.
- Brush half the dough with beaten egg.
- Sprinkle Almond Paste and sugar over the egg washed portion of dough.
- Fold the other half of dough over onto the half covered with Almond Paste.
- Sprinkle with sugar and roll out to a 10" x 12" rectangle.
- Fold in half again, sprinkle with sugar and roll to a 10" x 12" rectangle.
- Cut in 1” wide strips.
- Twist them into corkscrews and place on parchment lined sheet pan about 2” apart.
- Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 18-22 minutes until golden.