The holidays are here, and everything seems to take up too much time. Making dessert should be fast and simple. Whip up this super delicious recipe in no time!
- 4 firm d’anjou pears
- ¾ cup Amoretti® Blue Agave Nectar
- 2 tsp Amoretti® Pear Compound
- 4 oz crème fraîche
- 2 tbsp sugar
- ½ tsp Amoretti® Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla
- neutral oil, for frying
- 8 fresh whole mint leaves
- ½ cup cream
- 2 tbsp Amoretti® Premium Crema di Caramel™ Syrup
- 1 sheet parchment paper
- Peel pears, core and cut in half.
- Pour Blue Agave Nectar and Pear Compound into a large saucepan.
- Place pears flat side down in saucepan.
- Fold parchment paper in half and then in half again. Cut corner, and then cut small triangles along sides (see video).
- Unfold and lay parchment on top of pears.
- Cook on medium heat for 8-10 min.
- Turn pears over and cook for another 8-10 min.
- Pears are done when a knife slides in with some resistance. They will continue to cook once removed from heat. Let sit in agave for about 5 min.
- Remove with slotted spoon, being careful not to damage pears, and set on a plate to cool.
- Whip crème fraiche, sugar and Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla to soft peaks.
- Heat about 2″ oil in small saucepan to 350°F. Drop mint leaves into oil and fry for about 10-15 seconds. Lift leaves with “spider” or slotted spoon and place on several layers of paper towels to drain.
- Whip cream to very soft peaks, almost runny.
- Fold in Crema di Caramel™ Syrup.
- Place one pear half on each plate and garnish with whipped crème fraîche, a drizzle of Crema di Caramel™ Syrup, cream mixture, and a fried mint leaf.