Image yourself soaking up the sun and enjoying the beach when you take a bite of this delicious Mojito Cupcake! Makes 24 standard cupcakes.
- 2 muffin tins
- cupcake liners
- piping bag fitted with desired tip
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium, add Mojito Mint and Coconut Rum Extracts, lime juice and zest.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Bake approximately 25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Whip icing and shortening together. When cupcakes are completely cool, top with icing.
- Garnish with lime slices, mint leaves, and paper straws for an extra fun treat.
© 2017 Amoretti® All Rights Reserved