Image yourself soaking up the sun and enjoying the beach when you take a bite of this delicious Mojito Cupcake! Makes 24 standard cupcakes.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 limes, zest & juice
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 2¾ tsp Amoretti® Mojito Mint Extract W.S.
- 1½ tsp Amoretti® Coconut Rum Extract W.S.
- ½ cup buttermilk
- 1 jar Amoretti® Key Lime Icing
- ½ cup vegetable shortening
- 2 muffin tins
- cupcake liners
- piping bag fitted with desired tip
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Line 2 standard muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Using an electric mixer at medium-high speed, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce speed to medium, add Mojito Mint and Coconut Rum Extracts, lime juice and zest.
- Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each addition.
- Reduce speed to low, add dry ingredients in three batches, alternating with the buttermilk.
- Divide batter evenly among the cupcake liners. Bake approximately 25 minutes, rotating pans halfway through.
- Whip icing and shortening together. When cupcakes are completely cool, top with icing.
- Garnish with lime slices, mint leaves, and paper straws for an extra fun treat.